Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Isaiah 40:28-29

Charne's Story

Saved by sheer mercy.

In 1992 my parents got divorced when I was 7 years old.
Feelings of hurt, anger, resentment and emptiness surfaced, and so began my search to finding fulfilment / happiness.



I started experimenting with cigarettes by the age of 10, by 12 I was smoking and drinking on a regular basis.

At 13, I started to smoke dagga (cannabis).
At 14, It was self mutilation.
When I was 15 I tried to kill myself , twice.
At 16, I started using club drugs together with drinking as much as possible over weekends.
Then at 18, Started snorting coke and cat (Methcathinone).

When I was 21, I got involved with a guy using heroin and crack. Smoked “H” (Heroin) for about 2 months and then started shooting up 15 - 20 bags a day.

At 23, I was booked into rehab for the first time.

I was brought up to believe in God… and thinking of Him as this higher power, I never really wanted to ask God for help.

I thought "Why would He want to help a failure like me?"

Even though I had little faith, I would pray during times while driving through Hillbrow, for the Lord to keep me safe and not to be pulled over by police.
(Note: Hillbrow is the inner city residential neighbourhood of Johannesburg, South Africa.)

Even though I got pulled over a couple of times, and had to bribe the police not to arrest me, He kept me save and out of jail.

In rehab I prayed to God for help and guidance through the most difficult time of my life.
He held my hand through it all and blessed me with the most amazing, supportive family ever.

I have been ‘clean’ from substances for 21 months now and also stopped smoking for 5 months now.

I have given my life to Christ to renew and take over.
Every day is a true blessing. He is my One and Only, my Redeemer.